Friday, July 2, 2010

Fooling with Mother Nature

I recently took a road trip from Orlando down to Miami, unfortunately the views are not very scenic for most of the way just lots of trees on both sides of the road. So as I was cruising the Florida Turnpike at the legal speed limit (90 mph in the right lane). I thought (ok day dreamed) how sports and mother nature have partnered to make my (oh ..our) world a brighter place to live.


Without MN's trees we wouldn't have wooden baseball bats. Forget that silly New Years, the first crack of the bat in March is the beginning of my year.


MN has been duped folks. What a shame it is to hear a "ping" instead of a "thwack" on the golf course.


I was always felt different than the normal hockey fans. When the shot hit the goalies post (made of wood) I thought they were yelling "Mother Nature" but I was sadly mistaken.


In baseball you ride the pine, they never tell you that it will give you splinters. Damn you St. Margaret's home team bench. Oh God..oops..sorry about damning you.


MN gave basketball and us Tree(Rollins). Merry Christmas!


Which pitch has the most names? Is it called a Gopher ball, an Ether ball or the La Lob? I call it the Palm Ball.


I am going to start the "I hate the Fn Cactus League". The Grapefruit League rules.
Enjoy your dry heat suckers.


When I was 7 years old, I never, ever knew a person could be named Wilbur (Wood).
I still have his baseball card.


Could they come up with another name in Ladies Gymnastics for making a perfect landing? It's doesn't sound so lady like to have to STICK a landing.


Log Rolling could never be without MN. I got nothing else folks.


MN would not be too proud of the OAK Hills High School team or as it should be called, the NBA's Minor League Team.


Did you know that both the NFL and the MLB had a player named Branch (Cliff and Rickey). Now you have a trivia answer. How lucky are you?!


you know what else has been made special by MN for the sportsfreak, the speeding ticket I got while daydreaming.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment