Monday, May 10, 2010

How do you like your beatings?

Run'em up or keepin it close. There have been many a debate about whether sportsmanship is taking place in our sports universe. I feel that sportsmanship comes in many shapes and sizes. If you play a game, someone will win and someone will lose. I think that over the years people have forgotten about that. No one is going to go mental if they get beat in little league by a score of 55-3, we didn't care about the score, we just wanted the ice cream after the game. Sometimes we'd be at the same ice cream shop with the other team kids. There were no brawls that I can recall.

We've all seen the classic beat downs.
We all have our fav's and our not so fav's.
So whatever your view on this. Always remember, it is just a game.


If you wound up on the wrong end of a 77-0 football game. Sorry to you.
But if your in it for a big pay day against the big boys, you got take your lumps.


I'm not for a BB team scoring 212 points. There can be some sportsmanship.
Just Stall Baby Stall. Be a sport. So instead you win 154 to 11.
Live with it.


Is scoring 20 runs in a MLB game too much or are just you a nancy boy?
You can't sub for the subs sub right?
When you put your bat boy into pitch because your so far ahead, don't feel bad for the other team.


Tennis is so nice. You just got beat love love and love. Man don't feel bad, you got three times more love today than yesterday. Plus you got bagels for the next three days.


Hockey is more entertaining for fans when the score is run up. Sad but true.
Questions I need answered.
How many times can goalie be taken out and put back in?
Who's our 5th line goalie?



Gotta say that a route in soccer is not very exciting.
Give me a nil nil game anytime
If a route is on, can you use the kids you held hands with while walking onto the field as your sub?
FIFA alert! Mandatory goalie pull if a team is too far in the lead.


Ok you cowboys are just plain nuts . Your sport is a beating itself.
If you go easy, your getting you head stomped in 1.2 seconds.
Props to you tough guy!


My worst sportsmanship moment:
I was 12, playing in a indoor tennis tournament. I was not playing too well against a kid I thought I should have been beating. I got so mad after missing one point I whipped my racket across the court.(Hi Johnny Mac). To make matter worse I lost the next point and whipped it again even further across the court. Man was I bent.
The kid continued to beat me and I ultimately lost.
I, being of sound mind, then went to the net and didn't shake the kids hand.
I don't know where that kid is now, but to him I say "I am sorry."



The sportsfreak says if you must whip it....whip it good!

No comments:

Post a Comment