Friday, October 15, 2010

Remember to Use Protection

An NBA owner being fined talking about players reminds me of how the NFL has been protecting its Quarterbacks. It has gotten out of hand. The NBA is really saying " Shut Up and Play" to all their players/coaches/owners. We, the fans, and the media clamour for personalities in all sports. We love our TO's, our 85's(no habla espanol), our AI's, and our Manny's being Manny. I couldn't imagine how boring our leagues would be without them. We have enough company men playing our sports.
I say let the players be themselves. Loosen the leash guys. (Marc Cuban agrees with me)

I picked up an old catchers mask at the flea market last month. Had to hide it from another buyer (forgot da moolah in da car). Leather wrapped around a metal frame. Not much to it. I now have more respect for the catchers of those days. They had to be tough. Now you just have to be related to a Molina to play catcher.

When I first started playing baseball , I was excited to get my first full uniform. I finally made it from the T shirts to the real uniform. New to me, but not everyone else is that I had to now go out and get myself a athletic cup/supporter. "Can't play with the big boys if you don't protect your boys" is what the coach told us.
Going to the store and buying was a different story. I died of embarrassment because my mom was with me and, like I'm sure, everyone in the store knew I was buying this damn thing. I could hear the in store annoucement coming " We need a price check on a Jr size (ahem..make that large) athletic supporter at register 2".
Truth be damned...I never wore the stupid thing. I, as do my nuggets, thank the lucky stars that I never even had a close call.

Quote that should be on all athletic supporter boxes.
"with your cup, comes great responsibility."


I love Nascar's fire "retardant' uniforms. Shouldn't these guys wear these things everywhere they go? Who knows when a hot cup of McDonald's coffee may fall in their lap. Another reason is because it's the only way the people will recognize some of these faceless drivers. Living up North we got a paragraph a week about the race.Down South its a different story. People got driver pics in their wallets. The truth is now I can recognize 15 to 20 of theses guys. Hey, living in the south changes a man. Jeff Gordon rules!!! Did you know he is like 4'11' a tiny, tiny, tiny man.



The sportsfreak's gotta go work on his tan.
My secret...SPF 50

No comments:

Post a Comment