Sunday, April 4, 2010

Opening Day....Finally!

Opening Day is here at last.
For some, last years heartache can be forgotten.
For others, it's a new year (at that right Cubbie fans?)

See ya soon March Madness, we will miss you but not as much as I as I missed my boys of summer.

Batter Up! Yanks-RedSox: Love the match up.
On Sunday Night- Not so much.
Monday day games are the real start. Some things don't need to be changed.

Let's play two is not enough.
How about 13 games of pure joy in one day?
Work? forget about it. I'm Half-daying it. How bout you?


We get to hear the National Anthem played 13 times.
Take Me Out to the ballgame too.
God does love me.

Can't wait until I see the first player run out a triple.

Predictions, forecast, premonitions, good calls or bad calls for us to ponder.

Will we be bitten by the injury bug this year?

Which rookie will surprise us all?

Can the Pirates break .500?

Will people continue to pay $2500 for a seat at Yankees Stadium. When does the buy one get one free sale begin?

Can the Marlins draw a crowd of less than 1,000 again? The Marlins still play in the majors right?

Not sure how I feel about instant replay yet.

Go Rays- only because they have the same name as me. It get's me in the game free one time a year.

Will the Cardinals hit the most home runs this year? "help" from McGwire, I'm just saying.

Here's to hearing Ronan & Bob in the Bronx and Vin on the left coast.

May the RedSox lose 121 games.
May the Dodgers one and done star strike out 250 times(not naming names)
Sorry but the Pirates and Marlins will again go down in flames.
Yankees Win #28 is surely a headline I will frame.

Looking forward to a Dodger Dog, A Schimtters in Philly,
an Ichirroll and a Sonoran Dog in SD. Delicious!!!


Is it ok to cry on Opening Day?



At least for one day all will be right in the sportsfreaks world.

PLAY BALL!

1 comment: