Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Getting Jumpy

Today was one of those days were I had an extra spring in my step. Leaving the house, I grabbed both garbage cans from the curb his morning instead of the standard two trips back to the garage. (I know your impressed) I threw the basketball in the back of the car for whatever reason. Is a game break out while sitting in traffic on I-4? I took the stairs, three flights of them to the office, taking two, sometimes three steps at a time. So what if I was out of breath walking in to the office. What?
I was jumping for the first time in two months. My Doc said it was ok. It was like , well I imagine, it may have been like walking on the moon. I had some good hang time between some of those steps.


Some memorable moments in life and sports as well have been accompanied by a good jump or two. We all have our favorites. Here are a few of mine. So let's jump right to it.


I can never get tired of seeing a catcher jump into a pitcher grasp after a great victory. Yogi-Don Larsen always comes to mind. For once I'd like to see the pitcher throw himself into the catchers arms.


Imagine this eight year old kid watching the Acapulco Cliff Divers (Wide World of Sports)for the first time. It was unreal. Were those guys really going to jump off cliffs? My god, how are they going to miss those jagged rocks? Why did they stand on the tiniest, littlest piece of rock to jump from?


The Frog Jumping Contest (That's Incredible) always made me scratch my head.
Not at the mere fact of rewarding a frog for jumping but at the people trying to make the frog jump.
Not sure the frog is going to mimic the moronic human jumping around like a frog.
Why not just use a magnifying glass to mak'em jump, like we did when we were kids?

Pack it up, pack it in. Let me begin. I came to win. Battle me that's a sin. I won't tear the sack up. Punk you'd better back up ...
Didn't we all just jump around to that entire song. This was a song from god for all us drunk guys who couldn't bust a move.

Can anybody tell me why a guy can't just run into the end zone any more? Why does the act of scoring make it justifiable to throw themselves airborne into the end zone. Keep it on the ground morons. I keep waiting for the idiot who paralyzes himself trying to be cool. It will happen. Breaking news you've heard here first.


Three rules to stage jumping.
One- people don't care wear they grab to catch you.
Two- people lie when they say they'll catch you.
Three- It is awesome!


How can nailing a stalefish or a half cab not be totally gnarly.
The dudes are grabbing some sick air lately.


Poor pathetic Martin Gramatica- only a kicker could hurt himself that way.


Most of us wish to be a sports star in one sport. How great would it be if you were good enought to play two. My favorite "two timing" athletes are Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Danny Ainge.




Thanks for hangin' with the sportsfreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment