Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Late Night Skate Party

Now there are many different types of skating. I have tried (ok at least attempted) them all.
I've rocked the metal roller skates with the magical key to get them off and on.
The rolling rink skates- crap brown and the laces were always broke. Why did one wheel always go to the left? Also very hard to impress the girls when you are falling all the time.

I ventured wearily into ice skating- I always had fun but always thought I would fall and another skaters skate would slice my throat ala Clint Malarchuk.

I was so rad with my roller blades, still got a pair and break them out every once and while. Can't forget the time skating in Central Park and whoever said stopping was the easiest part of skating is a big fat liar.

FYI- I can hang with the kids with my Heely's.

So for the next stage of my imaginary professional skating career I had asked good old St. Nick for a long board skate board. Since I was a kid I always wanted a skateboard. Who wouldn't want to speed down the street, jump the curbs, ollie this and that, freak out the donut shop, showcasing stuff out of your tricktionary.
Being I didn't want to die in my 40's. St. Nick came through and I was the proud owner of a Sector 9- 42" Long Board. My wife was beside herself and I am sure praying to god that I would return it before I attempted to kill myself. No luck honey, sorry.
My friends were kind enough to get me pads that practically covered my entire body.
Can't figure for the life of me why, this 42 years old body of steel needs no protection! Pads!!There are no pads in skateboarding!!
Off I go, 8 minutes into my first ride- I'M DOWN! Body parts going every direction. Stunned and disoriented, I get up and do the quick body diagnostic check, you know like the Terminator. All in one piece. Whew!



The sportsfreak: Annoying Pedestrians for years! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment